Guardian Angel Caregivers is a family owned and operated business that began in the Portland/Metro area in February 2008. President Steven J. Miller, along with his wife Helen C. Miller V.P., are co-founders and owners of Guardian Angel Caregivers LLC. In high school, Steve participated in fund-raising for Parkinson’s Disease. After being given an honorable discharge from the United States Army, Steve was in the social work program at Portland State University and worked with Metro Crisis Intervention, NCJW Teen Insight Program, and Fairview Training Center for mental patients. He graduated with a B.A. degree in Human Resources Management from George Fox College in April of 1988. Helen has a B.S. in Accounting, and a corporate background spanning over 25 years. After caring for his aunt part time for over five years, Steve and Helen decided to open a non-medical agency designed to assist others that may need help with their daily activities. Their earliest focus was working with veterans of our armed forces returning home, and that has grown to incorporate clients of all ages and abilities.
Our mission has been to ensure that seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may need assistance, can live their lives with dignity, hope, and respect. We believe that clients, their families, and our caregivers, should be treated as if they were immediate family members, and this philosophy is a part of everything we do. We spend our time ensuring that our clients have a personalized experience throughout the entire process. Beginning with a personalized care plan, through selecting a caregiver based on the skills and personality of the caregiver to match with the needs and personality of the client, we make certain that the best possible solution is found for your loved one. In this way, our “guardian angels” exceed expectations, and ensure that people can stay in their homes longer to live a life full of possibilities, regardless of their age, abilities, or circumstances.
- Committed to exceeding your customer service expectations
- Extensive pool of caregivers
- Extremely competitive prices
- Personalized Plan for Your Loved One
- Certified Senior Adviser (CSA) on staff
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Member of the Oregon Health Care Association (OHCA)
- Partnership with Companion Connection Senior Care
About Our Caregivers
Along with the standard hiring safeguards of providing thorough background checks on all of our caregivers, careful reference checks, and employment checks, our caregivers are also bonded, tested, and screened before they are sent into your home. Our caregivers are individuals who may be certified nursing assistants, or individuals who have received training by the agency’s trainer or by IPced Training.
Our comprehensive training includes, but is not limited to:
- Caregivers’ duties and Responsibilities
- Recognizing and responding to medical emergencies
- Dealing with adverse behaviors
- Nutrition and Hydration, including specialty diets, meal preparation and service
- Safety techniques in personal care tasks
- Methods and techniques to prevent skin breakdown, contractures, and falls
- Hand washing and infection control
- Good body mechanics
- Maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- Fire safety and non-medical emergency procedures
Call us today to inquire about our affordable rates, and to learn more about Guardian Angel Caregivers and the services we provide. Or, contact us by email.